Friday 13 August 2010

we were lost in a maskerade....

but, now it's over. He completed six weeks of radiation and chemo. They asked him today if he wanted to keep the mask that he was wearing during radiation. And ofcourse he wanted to take it home.

I do believe that he is getting a bit better. Especially for what concerns his participation in conversation, his interest in the news, politics etc.etc. He lives less in his own world as he did over the last few weeks. We have had some very good talks over the last few days and he surprised me a lot. Because a few weeks ago he did not showed much interest in anything, he is coming back. Only physical he is not doing as I hoped. His left arm does not seem to do what he wants it to do, his muscles are in pain and he is extremely tired.The tiredness is ofcourse not surprising after this "attack" of radiation and chemo!! I have called a masseur to massage him from time to time, she comes to our appartment, which is very convenient. Now he can recover a bit and I hope that I will be able to keep him interesting in undertaking little "trips" with the car and getting outside from time to time. Just driving to the seaside and sitting on a bench at the boulevard is good enough, I think. Siga, siga, as the Greeks say.

Again I would like to thank all the family, friends, people we know and not even know, for their loving support, care, attention, cards, telephone calls, skyping time, emails, reaction on his blog etc.etc.

And Rania, ..... we got Lydia's pictures today and both Panormitis and me are convinced that this little beauty is exactly like her mom!!!!

for today ....
pola filia

1 comment:

  1. Hoi Het, heb de blog gelukkig gevonden zoals je ziet!!! Liefs van mij, Marianne Lambi

    ReplyDelete