Sunday 19 September 2010

should be laying down myself, but.....

to many things in my mind.

Yesterday my brother sends me an email in where he says that there is a breakthrough in the development for curing braintumors. This research is done by a children oncologist and Panormitis neurosurgeon Dr. P. Witthamer from the VU in Amsterdam. It has to do with enzymes and it will take a few years to complete this research. For patients of today it will be too late, it said in the news. Ofcourse we keep hoping he will make it. Nevertheless it kept me from sleeping all night long and I must admit that I cried a lot. I will contact Dr. Witthamer and ask if Panormitis would be able to participate in a clinical trial in this field .....???


The photoshow is a great succes, but I feel strange when a photo is bought, as I know the stories behind each one of them. They became a bit like " our babies" in one way. He is very happy to be in the middle of this all, meeting relatives, friends and making new ones as well. He is receiving all the good words and compliments about his work and that gives him surely courage. If time let us, we hope with the money raised we can maybe realize to do a show in Holland or anywhere else. If any one of you know his photographs and can help me setting up a show and has the knowhow, please contact me.

I left him in George's Place " on his own ", meaning one of the very rare times that I am not next to him. It feels a bit strange, but I need a bit of time for myself as well. I have " a million " things to organize before we leave Patmos again.

This Tuesday we will have a little private church service in his family church in Kambos at 07.00 in the morning Greek time. It would be wonderful when you people could help us by sending positive thoughts out to him at the same time. It might help, you know!!! Lots of love,

Panormtis, Sophia, Hetty

1 comment:

  1. We were glad to see you here in Cactus me and Svetlana.I am very often thinking about you and your situation.You are both fantastic and also the girls.I wonder from where you get your strenght..

    Lots of hugs!!!

    Inger

    ReplyDelete