Monday 18 October 2010

sunny cozy weekend!! Daphne came for a few days to stay as both girls have autumn school holiday. So Panormitis surprised her with his first moussaka, very tasty and a lot..... we will have some more today as I froze the rest in. Saterday night we left the two girls on their own as we went to see Ajax in the soccer stadion in Amsterdam. My first time, ( I am not a football fan I am afraid!), but it was quite impressive to share this match with another 51.000 fans!!!

Yesterday morning I had arranged tickets for a "coffee concert" in The Hague where talented students performed (Saxophone and piano ). It was very enjoyable and interesting composers. After we had lunch near the Denneweg in De Bodega, a very old fashion place for journalist, politicians and artists. I used to go there in my younger years. They had some nice live music and we stayed longer then planned. As the weather was so nice we decided to walk in the old center and got home tired, satisfied and happy.

As we had our anniversary last Friday (which we all forgot for the first time!!) I was thinking of what present to bring him. I came back with a real professional easel and this morning when I woke up he started already to paint. He surprises us all the time with his beautiful creations, for me he is a real artist. Not only in his photography but now also in his paintings. And he always made poems. As you understand this all helps him a lot to get through this difficult period, and we are so thankful for that.

Today we brought a bicycle from my brother in law, Bert, for Sophia as she will be needing this to go to school. In the afternoon we went to the park with our dog and had a wonderful walk. They were singing Greek songs and we had a nice time.

I will try to add some photo's soon.

xxxxx Daphne, Sophia, Panormitis and Hetty

2 comments:

  1. Like the photo's! Your weekend together sounds wonderfull and I'm really happy you had such a great time. Many kisses from us for the whole 'clan'. Marianne and Dimitris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear all,
    how nice to read your stories on the blog. I am glad I finally found the blog. Hope we will meet soon for a walk on the beach or a coffee/tea/chocolate in one of the many cafes in The Hague. Greetings from Rebecca

    ReplyDelete