Friday 4 June 2010

4 June 2010

Yesterday Panormitis broke his biological program ( hurray Maria!) and he eat a cheeseburger for lunch!  After the restaurant where he went with his and my brother he eat another two croquette with a meat filling in the evening with Manders, Josseline and me ( Hetty).  Vasillis and me had the possibility to stay overnight at the hospital in a guestroom, but Panormitis thought it was better for all of us if we would go to Josseline's house in Haarlem ( 20 min away from hospital ).   At 05.45 we woke up this morning and went to see him. He looked very relaxed, did not sleep a lot and was writing when I came into his room.  We talked a liitle, we prayed a little, we laughed a little, we cried a little and then it was time for him to go. On the way to the OR he said to the nurse that he was ...............? hungry!! And that he was going to ask the surgeon for fried eggs before the operation. She said that the surgeon might fry them for him but......after the operation.
......................

Josseline walked her dog in the meantime and took us back to Haarlem. Before going to her house we bought some fresh breadrolls and in opposite site of the bakery there is a large Katholic church. I wanted to go inside to light a candle and after founding out where they were I found myself in front of a Greek Orthodox Madonna !!! It was very touching and also encouraging for me. 

After arriving in  Josseline's place we had breakfast in her garden and listened to Panormitis favorite classical music. Klavierconcert from Beethoven. It feels good to be surrounded by family and friends on this difficult and certainly the longest day in my life. If I think of the fact that on this moment he is in "nowhere land" it makes my stomage turn around.  I have to be patient, the surgeon said it can take at least 6 hours plus about 2 hours for him to wake up. He advised us also not to stay in the hospital and go outside, with the promise that he would call a.s.a.p.. But I do not think I can keep it much longer and want to be going in an hour maximum. Stay in touch through this blog, give a reaction on this blog or send Panormitis an email: panormitisopatmios@gmail.com. He would be so pleased to hear from you!!
Lots of love,

Hetty

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that everything went well and better! All our love for you all!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I love also the cheese hamburger.

    ReplyDelete