Saturday 3 July 2010

03 July 2010

Hi everyone,

It has been some time again since we gave you some news, but believe me........ we were busy!!! This is Hetty posting and I just got back from Patmos to arrange some things, meeting a lot of people asking about Panormitis ( thanks ) and the main thing....... our daughters. We sat around the table and there I informed them about Panormitis condition, how his behavior and  interests has changed, because of his illness, so they could prepare themselves as I brought them back with me last Sunday.

Panormitis was worried for bringing the girls over because he felt guilty for not being able to go out with them and entertain them, as he always did. But I reassured him that the only thing they wanted is as they told me, to see him, to be with him. And it al works out well as I was expecting. Because of the girls he is stimulated to undertake things, like going to the seaside at 21.00 o'clock at night, just to watch the sunset, seeing Sophia painting made him paint, going to the beach and crash down into a deep sleep for more than two hours, things like this.  My sister Astrid and her husband Bert gave us this wonderful relaxed day at the beach and really spoiled us. Yesterday night my brother ( the saviour ) came by and took him out to bicycle a bit, he did for nearly 20 minutes!!!

And of course I just love having the girls around me, and enjoy each minute with them. They are very helpful and understanding in this new situation we are in and deal great with the whole thing. They love doing the shopping on their bicycles for us and are very patient with Panormitis. What a luck to have girls like that!! 

Today Alex Calas came from Munich to see us ( once again ) and do some Reiki on Panormitis, she has a very good  contact and influence on him. She is as we say a " kali parea", good company, also for me. So after a nice meal we went out for an Italian ice cream and walked  a bit around the old centre of Rijswijk. Now we are home because Panormitis wanted to watch the football match.

All with all Panormitis is doing "fine" . It takes a lot of effort though to make him to do things, as he is very tired, passive , slow, not reacting on things happening around him too much. If I would let him be. he would most probably stay in his bed most of the day. This is not what we want, as he gets to worry too much,which then makes him depressive. It could take him down very quickly, so we have to fight for this not to happen. Not easy I tell you, but also no choice, I suppose.

Monday he starts with radiation and chemo on the side for the full six weeks!!!  I took the medicines for the chemo today and had to hide the bag, such a big amount of pills. It could bring you straight into a depression looking at this pile., such an amount. Hopefully he will not have to much side effects and get better from it.  Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Wish us luck!!!


1 comment:

  1. Wishing you all the best of luck and know that you are in our thoughts and prayers everyday.
    Kevin and Moira X

    ReplyDelete